|2011 Donghwa: East Meets West International Essay Competition
Donghwa Cultural Foundation, INC là một tổ chức phi chính phụ tại Hoa Kỳ, có mục tiêu tuyên truyền và giáo dục triết học, văn hóa và nghệ thuật phương Đông qua những chương trình giáo dục khác nhau.
Cuộc thi East Meets West International Essay Contest nhận bài dự thi từ tất cả các sinh viên, học sinh đại học và trung học không có quốc tịch Hàn và không định cư tại Hàn. Bài luận phải bằng tiếng Anh.
Topics (Select 1).
- Discuss your interest in Korean/Asian traditional/ popular culture and analyze its impact on your cultural awareness of other countries.
- Discuss the effect of Eastern Culture on Western Culture and explore how each has engaged each other and the resulting transformations in the 20th Century and their impact on the 21st Century.
- Discuss your cultural identity and how that has affected your involvement in your community and your understanding of Korean culture.
- High School grades 9th (including incoming 9th grade in fall, 2011) ‐12th
- College/University (including senior in spring, 2011)
- All High school and Undergraduate students whose nationality is not Korean or who is permanent resident outside of Korea
- School standing requirement (proof of enrollment)
- The candidates for award recipients will be requested to submit all necessary documents to prove their qualifications.
Entry Fee: 15 dollars
Check: Make a check payable to Donghwa Cultural Foundation
Credit card: Contact us at 201-871-3033 or email us to email@example.com
Download The Entry Form (PDF or DOC) to fill it in and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Essay must be written in English, typed double space with 12 points Times New Roman or an equivalent font sizes. Margins should be one inch all sides.
- Essay must be minimum 800- maximum1000 words for high school students and minimum 1200 – maximum 1500 words for undergraduate students.
- Type the number of the chosen topic on the top of the essay. However, do not type contestant name throughout the essay (including the essay content).
- The contestant’s entry form and essay must be submitted electronically by 17:00 p.m.(Eastern Time) on June 25th , 2011. Those who submit outside of the USA must send their entry form and essay by 17:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on July 9th, 2011.
All submissions must be emailed by June 25th 2011 to email@example.com. All international submissions (outside of the USA) must be emailed by July 9th 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcement of winners: Monday, August 15th 2011
Award Ceremony at Donghwa: Saturday, August 27th, 2011
- One Grand Prize: A round trip air ticket to Korea and an accommodation in Seoul, Korea
- Two Gold /Silver/ Bronze Prizes from each High School and Undergraduates: scholarship
- Special Awards: Consulate General Award, The Korean Daily Award, University of Pittsburgh AwardThere will be also an opportunity of posting works at Donghwa’s web site and publishing at local news papers.
Organizer: Donghwa Cultural Foundation, Inc.
Sponsors: The Ministry of Culture, Sports & Tourism of the Korea Government, Overseas Korean Foundation, Korean Cultural Service NY, Asiana Airlines, Hotel Shilla, The Korea Daily, University of Pittsburgh
*All entries will become the property of Donghwa Cultural Foundation. The winning entries may be displayed and published by Donghwa Cultural Foundation.
Download Information (English, Korean)